England’s best soccer (and possibly the best soccer in the world) starts again tomorrow, as the Premier League’s 2012-2013 season kicks off. Personally, I’m still in the “learning all the players’ names” phase of fandom — after growing up playing and watching soccer, I stopped for a while before just getting into it again last year — but no matter how much (or little) you care, there’s a lot to know as the season gets kicked off.
Before the season gets started, get caught up with the league, its teams and players, and what happened this year. Then get yourself up bright and early tomorrow morning and watch as the big season kicks off.
- Here’s the season schedule, for every team in the Premier League
- In case you missed it, last season was pretty epic
- ESPN previews the upcoming season, in four parts — The really bad teams, the kind of bad teams, the good teams, and the great teams.
- Grantland goes deep on Liverpool — can the team become a powerhouse?
- Bleacher Report has 50 players to watch and 50 storylines to follow this season
- Sportige runs down the biggest offseason moves this summer, and why they might matter
- The New York Times sets the stage for this season, and what it means
- SBNation breaks down Robin Van Persie’s move to Manchester United, one of the last (and biggest) moves of the offseason